You may have heard about our Granger Disposal Centers, which are conveniently located in Lansing, Jackson and Alma, but you might not realize how useful they can be for you. Sure, they’re used by contractors and junk haulers, but they can also help out your average homeowner. Here are some ways you can make a Granger Disposal Center work for you.
- Getting rid of household trash—Even if you have weekly trash service at your home, you may want to take advantage of the option of bringing trash to a Disposal Center. For example, maybe you forgot to put your trash out this week and your cart is already overflowing. Just throw a few of those bags in your trunk and pay by the bag to dispose of them at Granger.
- Cleaning up after a small project—If you’ve recently done a small remodeling project, you might not have enough trash or construction scraps to justify renting a temporary container. However, you know these materials shouldn’t be disposed of with your household trash. That’s no problem. Load up a truck bed or a small trailer and take them to a Disposal Center where you can pay by the cubic yard.
- Doing a thorough spring cleaning—Maybe you’ve been wanting to clean that attic out for a while or your basement or garage needs some attention. Putting all that extra trash in your Curby cart won’t work, but you may not have enough for a large, temporary container, either. Again, a trip to a Disposal Center with a truck and/or trailer is a convenient way to get rid of these unwanted items.
- Disposing of an unwanted appliance or piece of furniture—Sure, we can pick up your bulk item at the curb (in many parts of our service territory), but it’s generally a lot more cost-effective to haul it yourself if you have the ability and the equipment to do so.
- Managing your yard waste—If you don’t need an entire season of yard waste collection or if it’s not available in your area, you may want to consider bringing your yard waste to Granger. Both the Lansing and Jackson Disposal Centers accept yard waste materials (leaves, branches, etc.) and even live Christmas trees. Visiting a Disposal Center is a convenient way to get rid of those occasional bags of leaves.
These are just some of the ways you can take advantage of the convenience of a Granger Disposal Center. Visit our Disposal Center page for more information, including hours, directions and pricing.