Joel Zylstra, P.E.: Joel serves as chief operating officer and president of Granger Energy Services. More than 25 years of experience developing landfill gas recovery projects with Granger have given Joel extensive knowledge in the field. He holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Calvin College and pursued post-graduate studies at both Michigan State University and Northwestern University.
Todd Davlin, P.E.: Todd is the director of energy operations. With more than 15 years of experience in solid waste management, his experience extends to staff monitoring, waste disposal volumes, health and safety, budgeting, and compliance. He earned both a bachelor’s degree in civil and environmental engineering and a master’s degree in civil and geotechnical engineering from Michigan State University.
Marc Pauley: Marc is the director of electric operations and has more than 15 years of experience in the energy field. He has an extensive background in the utility industry, including several years with Consumers Energy. Marc earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Purdue University, and is a member of the Solid Waste Association of North America and the Engineering Society of Detroit.
Jim Grant, P.E.: As director of engineering and construction, Jim oversees all project design and development. With experience in construction management and environmental engineering design since 1994, Jim manages all engineering and design consultants, construction of projects, and project design. He earned honors recognition for both his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in civil engineering at Michigan State University.
Dan Zimmerman: Dan brings a unique skill in understanding from his area of expertise as the compliance manager. He is responsible for managing energy contracts and permits, coordinating compliance requirements and deadlines, submitting reports, pipeline safety, and engine testing. He has held various positions in environmental monitoring over the past 13 years. Dan earned his bachelor’s degree in industrial and environmental health management from Ferris State University.
Tom is vital to keeping the gas collection systems of all Granger’s sites in the best condition possible. He brings nearly 20 years of experience with gas collections systems to Granger, and has been integral in the design of Granger’s wellfield installation and expansion projects. Tom holds a 40-hour OSHA Health and Safety certification.
- 2010 LMOP Community Partner of the Year Award—South Kent Generating Station
- 2009 Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce Celebration of Growth Award
- 2009 SWANA Landfill Gas Utilization Bronze Excellence Award—Trans-Jordan Generating Station
- 2008 EPA Landfill Methane Outreach Program “Project of the Year” Award—Conestoga Landfill Gas Utilization Project
- 2006 Greater Lansing Business Monthly “Entrepreneur of the Year” Award Recipient Social Responsibility Category—COO Joel Zylstra
- 2005 SWANA Landfill Gas Utilization Silver Award
- 2005 Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence
- 2005 EPA Landfill Methane Outreach Program “Industry Partner” Award—Lanchester Landfill Gas Utilization Project
- 2005 EPA Landfill Methane Outreach Program “Project of the Year” Award—Lanchester Landfill Gas Utilization Project
- 2004 EPA Landfill Methane Outreach Program “Energy Partner” Award—Nucor Steel
- 2001 EPA Landfill Methane Outreach Program “Industry Ally” Award—Granger & Rolls-Royce