- Size: Customer provides any trash bags, 30 gal. or smaller
- Frequency: Use bag tags only as you need them with your own trash bags; one tag per bag
- Great for homes with very little trash
- Easily pre-purchase bag tags in bundles of 10 and have them mailed to your home
Please follow these guidelines to ensure your trash and recycling gets collected:
- Curby carts and bags are for disposal of household waste only.
- Curby carts and bags must be accessible from the street; snow, automobiles and other obstacles must be cleared.
- Curby carts and bags must be placed street-side by 7 a.m. on your collection day (may be 6 a.m. in some areas).
- DO NOT load Curby carts over 200 lbs.
- Bag loose materials like kitty litter, animal waste, sawdust, ashes, insulation and packing peanuts.
- Place long items (broom handles, curtain rods, etc.) on the ground beside your Curby cart.
- Close the lid of your Curby cart, if possible.
- DO NOT leave Curby carts and bags at the curb for longer than 24 hours.
- DO NOT fill Curby carts and bags with sod, dirt, wood, construction debris, etc.
Unacceptable materials for disposal:
- Beverage containers
- Fluorescent lightbulbs and tubes
- Hazardous waste
- Lead acid batteries
- Liquid waste
- Medical waste
- Motor vehicle tires
- Oil (cooking, motor, etc.)
- Radioactive waste
- Yard clippings
Need to dispose any of these items? Please click here to view the waste acceptance guidelines.
- 1. Customer Service
- 2. Bag Tags
- 1. Where can I find prices for your services?
Due to a number of variables, it's difficult for us to post pricing on our website. However, we'd be happy to give you a price quote over the phone or by email. Please call 1-888-9GRANGER or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2. Which holidays will affect my service?
Granger recognizes the following major holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
All Granger offices and operations are closed for these holidays. Curbside collections for the day of a holiday and each day following, during that week, will be delayed by one day. If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there are no closings or service delays.
- 3. How can I dispose of a large item like a couch or television?
We are happy to dispose of large items for you. Charges vary based on the type of item. To schedule a bulk item collection, do one of the following:
- Fill out the online bulk pick up form.
- Call our office at 517-372-2800 or 1-888-9GRANGER (1-888-947-2643).
- Send us an email at email@example.com.
You can also haul the item yourself to one of the Granger Disposal Centers. For locations, hours and pricing, visit our Disposal Center page.
- 4. Does Granger offer large container rentals?
Containers are available in different sizes to meet the needs of your remodeling or cleanup project. Pricing varies depending on container size, your location and the number of days needed. All containers must be prepaid prior to delivery. View our container sizes.
- 5. Do you offer incentives for referring customers?
Yes. If you refer someone who signs up for service, you will receive a free month of service.
- 6. How do I reserve a pavilion at Granger Meadows Park?
- 7. How does Granger get involved in the community?
- 8. What is a bag tag?
A Granger bag tag is an orange adhesive tag that you use for prepaid trash service.
- 9. How does the bag tag program work?
- You order a set of bag tags from Granger. Usually these are purchased in packs of 10 tags.
- We mail them to your home.
- You purchase and use your own trash bags (30-gallon size or smaller).
- When you have a full bag, you put one tag on the bag and put it out before 7 a.m. (6 a.m. if you live in Jackson) on your service day.
- When you're out of bag tags, order more from us online.
That’s it. It’s really that simple.
- 10. What are the charges for bag tag service?
There’s a small charge per tag which varies by area. There are no additional charges or monthly fees.*
*If you live in Eaton County you will there is an additional fee of $3.60 per year, which is to comply with the Eaton County Solid Waste Ordinance of 1993.
- 11. How does Granger know when I have trash?
When you purchase your first set of bag tags, we add you to one of our service routes. That means we’ll drive by your house every week on your service day. If we see a bag, we’ll stop. If there’s no bag, we’ll keep going. That makes it easier for you because you don’t have to check in with us or let us know ahead of time that you’ll have trash.
- 12. Can I use any trash bag?
You can use any trash bag that’s 30 gallons or smaller.
- 13. Is there a limit to how many bags I can set out each week?
Well, if you’re using bag tag service because you don’t have much trash, you shouldn’t have that many. But if you have an unusual situation (big party, move, spring cleaning) that means you generate a lot of trash, you are covered. You can put as many bags as you want out as long as (this is important) each bag has its own tag.
- 14. Can I use bag tags for recycling?
If you live in an area where blue bag recycling is available, you can use bag tags for your recycling as well. Just make sure you’re using the appropriate blue bags so we can tell what’s trash and what’s recycling. To find out more about blue bag recycling, click here.
- 15. Can anyone use bag tags?
Bag tags can be used in much of our service territory, but there are some areas and contract communities where bag tags are not available. To find out if bag tags are available in your area, fill out the request service form.