How COVID-19 Is Affecting Granger Operations
Since waste collection is designated an essential service by Homeland Security, we are continuing to run routes as usual under the Executive Order, while taking any necessary precautions to protect the health and well-being of our associates.
We know that trash collection is an essential service which is vital for the protection of health and safety in the communities we serve.
We are taking necessary action to limit the spread of the coronavirus. This includes following all recommendations and requirements of the CDC, the Executive Order and emergency orders from local health departments, as well as implementing safety measures beyond these recommendations and requirements.
We don’t anticipate any changes to service levels as long as our staffing levels continue to be adequate.
For the safety of our associates, we have made some changes to how we pick up trash and recycling.
- Until further notice, our associates will not be picking up any trash or recycling that is not appropriately contained.
- Trash must be in a bag to be picked up and should also be in a cart whenever possible.
- Recycling should be in a tub or cart to be picked up. However, cardboard outside of a container will be picked up if it is broken down flat.
- Blue bag recycling customers must have all their recycling in blue bags, and bags should be placed in their carts whenever possible.
The following is an update on our facilities:
- Until further notice, we will not be accepting walk-in customers for payments or other business at our Payment Center on Wood Road. Payments may be made online here, through the mail or by phone at 1-888-947-2643.
- All Granger Disposal Centers will remain open during normal business hours. Until further notice, we will only be accepting credit cards (no cash or checks) for payment at Disposal Centers.
- Granger Recycling Drop-off in Jackson has been permanently closed. (Learn more)
- Granger Recycling Drop-off in Lansing remains open.
- Though some Granger facilities are open during this time, we ask that customers please observe all safety guidelines while visiting and consider limiting their visits to essential business.
Please use this infographic as a guide to Granger services and facilities during this time.
Any updates or changes to this information will be posted here and on our Facebook page as soon as they become available.