How COVID-19 Is Affecting Granger Operations
April 1 Update: We have suspended collection of bulk items (furniture, appliances, etc.) until further notice.
Any bulk pickups already scheduled will be completed, but may be on a different day with a different truck. If you have small appliances to dispose of, you may still set them out for collection as long as they will fit in your cart with the lid closed. Remember, you can still bring these items to one of our Disposal Centers. Visit https://www.grangernet.com/self-haul-disposal/ for information, including directions, hours and pricing.
We will only take recycling if it is in a cart, tub or blue bag (Blue Bag Recycling areas only). We will not be taking any loose cardboard for recycling until further notice.
Please use this infographic as a guide to Granger services and facilities during this time.
Since waste collection is designated an essential service by Homeland Security, we are continuing to run routes as usual under the Executive Order, while taking any necessary precautions to protect the health and well-being of our associates.
We know that trash collection is an essential service which is vital for the protection of health and safety in the communities we serve.
We are taking necessary action to limit the spread of the coronavirus and appropriately deal with any operational and staffing issues. We don’t anticipate any changes to service levels as long as our staffing levels continue to be adequate.
To help us keep our associates safe, please bag all your trash, and if you have a cart, keep all trash contained in your cart as much as possible.
Please take note of the following changes:
- Until further notice, we will not be accepting walk-in customers for payments or other business at our Payment Center on Wood Road. Payments may be made online here, through the mail or by phone at 1-888-947-2643.
- All Granger Disposal Centers will remain open during normal business hours. Until further notice, we will only be accepting credit cards (no cash or checks) for payment at Disposal Centers.
- Granger Recycling Center in Jackson will be closed until further notice.
- We have suspended collection of bulk items (furniture, appliances, etc.) until further notice.
- We will only take recycling if it is in a cart, tub or blue bag (Blue Bag Recycling areas only). We will not be taking any loose cardboard for recycling until further notice.
Any updates or changes to this information will be posted here and on our Facebook page as soon as they become available.