Curbside Yard Waste
Conveniently dispose of brush, grass clippings, leaves and tree trimmings
- Capacity: Regular Granger cart (included with service) with up to five additional 30-gallon paper yard waste bags and/or small bundles per collection
- Frequency: Once a week, April through November
- Availability: Limited service territory
- Restrictions: No personal containers may be used. No soil, animal waste, plastic, twine or trash should be included in bags or carts.
Check availability and get a quote for your service address.
- Brush and tree trimmings should be no longer than 4′ and less than 2″ in diameter. Tie with string or twine into 12″ bundles.
- Animal waste, rocks, dirt, sod, plastic and other trash should not be mixed in with yard waste.
- Limit the weight of your cart to 200 lbs. Paper yard waste bags should not weigh more than 30 lbs.
- Yard waste will only be collected in a Granger yard waste cart, paper yard waste bags or small bundles. No personal containers are allowed.
- 1. Yard Waste Service Information
- 1. Is yard waste collected year-round?
No. Yard waste is collected from April through November each year.
- 2. Do I have to sign up for yard waste service?
Yes. If you’d like to find out if yard waste collection is available in your area and get a quote for adding that service, fill out the request service form (link here).
- 3. Do I have to sign up for an entire season of yard waste collection?
Yes. You must sign up and pre-pay for an entire season of yard waste collection. You may begin service after the season has started, but the yard waste subscription rate is the same.
- 4. Can I cancel my yard waste service once the season has started?
You can cancel your service if necessary, but a refund for the seasonal charge will not be issued for the unused service.
- 5. Do I have to use a cart for yard waste?
No. If you prefer you may use paper yard waste bags, but you may not use personal containers or plastic bags.
- 6. What can I put in my yard waste collection?
Approved items for yard waste disposal include the following:
- Grass clippings
- Brush and tree trimmings (no longer than 4 feet and less than 2 feet in diameter)
Please do not include trash, animal waste, sod, twine or plastic with yard waste.
- 7. Should I bag my yard waste before putting it in my yard waste cart?
No. Please put only unbagged yard waste in your cart.
- 8. Can I bundle brush and tree trimmings?
Yes. Bundles should be 12 inches in diameter or smaller.
- 9. Can I schedule a one-time pickup for yard waste?
- 10. Can I just put my yard waste in the trash?
It is against the law to dispose of yard waste in a landfill in Michigan. Please dispose of yard waste responsibly.