- Recycling Guidelines
- Recycling Calendars
- Cart Placement Guidelines
- Drop-off Recycling
- Frequently Asked Questions
- All materials can be placed in your Curby Recycler together.
- Rinse containers clean
- Break down and flatten boxboard and cardboard
Click here to view detailed recycling guidelines for your community.
Curbside recycling schedules depend on where you live. Access our complete recycling calendar and guidelines to determine your next collection date.
Following these instructions will help ensure your cart is emptied completely and the lid closes after dumping.
- Carts should be in place by 7 a.m. on your collection day. (6 a.m. in some areas)
- Carts should be placed within 3 feet of the street.
- Carts should face forward.
- Wheels and handles should be placed away from the street.
- Cart should have a minimum of 2 feet of clearance on both sides. Please do not place any closer than 2 feet to poles, mailboxes or recycling containers.
- Cart should be unobstructed (no vehicles parked in front of the cart).
Please download the printable PDF below for detailed instructions.
- 1. Recycling Questions
- 1. What is my recycling day?
- 2. Does Granger accept electronics for recycling?
Commercial customers can arrange for pickup of electronic items to be recycled. Fees are based on quantity and type of items. Please contact our recycling team at 517-371-9761 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This service is not available for residential customers, but other resources are available to homeowners for electronics recycling, such as electronics stores and community collection days.
- 3. Do you accept phone books for recycling?
Granger accepts phone books for recycling free of charge at the Wood Road Recycling Drop-off Center June through August. You can also recycle phone books in your street-side recycling collection at any time of the year.
- 4. Do you accept office paper for recycling at the Wood Road Drop-off Center?
Office paper is accepted for recycling Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Special containers for office paper are located in the parking lot in front of Granger Recycling Center (driveway No. 4) at 16936 Wood Road. Office paper is also accepted in single-stream collection (curbside pickup or Bag It program).